3 cups frozen hash browns, thawed*
1 pound Italian sausage
2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
1/2 green bell pepper, diced
1/2 white onion, diced
12 eggs, beaten
2 cups milk
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon hot sauce (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Brown the sausage until fully cooked and drain the fat.
- In the same pan saute the onions and peppers until the onion is translucent and the peppers are softened.
- Spray a casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Layer the thawed hashbrowns on the bottom of the dish, layer the sausage, peppers and onions then top with cheese.
- Beat the eggs, milk, salt and hot sauce together in a large mixing bowl, pour over all the ingredients.
- Bake until fully cooked through the center, about 50 minutes.